We are a family who loves pizza! We’re always looking for different ways to enjoy it, which is how this pizza sliders recipe came to life!
This cheesy pizza sliders recipe is a new favorite in my house, and will be in yours too!
With minimal prep time and a few simple ingredients, you can have a tasty, cheesy meal that is sure to satisfy you.
This is a quick and easy dinner for the whole family or a great party appetizer! Just add your favorite pizza toppings to personalize!
The flavors of this cheesy pizza sliders recipe are amazing, but what’s even better about this fun twist on pizza is how quick and easy it is.
It’s the kind of recipe you’ll enjoy making for an easy weeknight dinner, because you’re short on time, and your family loves it!
These easy pizza sliders are oozing with cheese, making them an irresistibly cheesy and savory treat.
The bread is light and fluffy, and the combination of melted cheese, savory tomato sauce, and spices creates the perfect combination of flavors. Plus, you can customize them however you’d like, adding your favorite toppings to make them even more delicious.
Let’s get cooking and make this cheesy pepperoni pizza sliders recipe!
Why This Recipe Works
- Simple recipe
- Just 20 minutes to make
- Easily Customized
- Family favorite
- Delicious appetizer or perfect quick dinner
- The perfect size for kids’ little hands
- Great for switching things up on your designated pizza night
Get the full ingredient details and easy recipe for this crowd favorite on the recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Slider Buns
- Garlic (Minced or Garlic powder)
- Marinara Sauce: or Pizza Sauce!
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Italian Seasoning
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
These simple step-by-step instructions are done in a flash, and this recipe is a guaranteed hit!
Preheat oven. Set oven to 400 degrees.
Saute garlic. Melt butter in a small pot, then add garlic. Saute for 30-60 seconds, then remove from the burner. Set aside for future use.
Slice slider buns. If slider buns are not precut, do that now. If they are, remove the tops from the buns.
Add the bottom buns to the baking sheet. Place the bottoms onto a parchment or foil-lined baking sheet.
Top with garlic butter. Brush half of your butter-garlic mixture onto the bottom buns.
Add toppings. Layer mozzarella cheese, sauce, and any desired toppings (pepperoni, onions, etc). Then top with another layer of cheese.
Put the top buns on. Then, brush the top of the buns with the remaining melted butter and garlic mixture.
Add seasoning. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning on top of the sliders.
Cover and bake. Cover the sliders with aluminum foil and bake in a warm oven for 15-20 minutes. The cheese will be melted, and the buns will be slightly browned.
Remove and cool. Remove from the oven and let the sliders cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
Add optional seasoning. If you’d like extra flavor, sprinkle more parmesan on the tops of the rolls after the sliders come out of the oven. You can also top with chili pepper flakes.
Cheesy Pizza Sliders
- 2 12 packs of Slider Buns
- 1/2 stick of butter
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 15 oz jar Marinara sauce or pizza sauce
- 16 oz Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 3/4 cup Grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt butter in small pot then add garlic. Sauté for 30-60 seconds then remove from burner. Set aside for suture use.
- If slider buns are not precut, do that now. If they are, remove the tops from the buns.
- Place the bottoms onto a parchment or foil lined baking sheet.
- Brush half of your butter garlic mixture onto the bottom buns.
- Layer mozzarella cheese, sauce, and any desired toppings (pepperonis, onions, etc). Then top with another layer of cheese.
- Put the top buns on. Then, brush the top of the buns with the remaining butter garlic mixture.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning on top of the sliders.
- Cover the sliders with foil and bake 15-20 minutes. The cheese will be melted, and the buns will be slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool for a couple minutes before serving.
- If you'd like extra flavor, sprinkle more parmesan after the sliders come out of the oven, and top with chili pepper flakes.
- Add any toppings you like: pepperoni slices, mushrooms, onions, sausage, bacon, olives, peppers, pineapple, spinach, ham, anchovies, and more!
- Make it vegan: just swap out the cheese and butter for plant-based cheese and butter. Make sure your slider buns don’t contain dairy. You can skip the slices of pepperoni or add plant-based pepperoni or other plant-based meats, and load these cheese sliders down with vegetables.
We hope you’ll give these pizza sliders a try. Whether you make them for dinner, an easy appetizer, or the perfect party food, they are sure to be a win!
Before you go, here are more posts you’ll enjoy: