Indulging in baked goods doesn’t have to be a guilty pleasure anymore – especially when it comes to protein chocolate chip mini muffins!
These bite-sized goodies not only pack a flavor punch, but also offer a wholesome twist! The protein boost keeps you fueled and energized throughout the day.
Why This Recipe Works
- Protein packed: Homemade protein muffins can be an enjoyable way to increase protein intake without resorting to protein bars or shakes.
- Quick and easy
- Portable and Convenient: Mini muffins are great for on-the-go snacking or quick breakfast options.
- Customizable Ingredients: You can choose high-quality protein sources such as whey, plant-based protein, as well as opt for whole-grain flours and natural sweeteners, reducing the use of refined sugars.
- Healthier than Store-Bought Options: Store-bought muffins often contain high amounts of added sugars, unhealthy fats, and artificial ingredients. By making them at home, you have the advantage of using healthier alternatives, making your muffins a more nutritious option.
- Family-Friendly Treat: Protein chocolate chip mini muffins are often enjoyed by people of all ages. Whether it’s a snack for your kids or a treat for yourself, homemade muffins can be a healthier alternative to traditional sugary snacks.
- Cost-Effective: Making your own protein muffins can be more cost-effective in the long run, especially if you regularly consume protein-enriched snacks.
- Protein pancake/waffle mix
- Milk or Plant-based milk
- Vanilla extract
- Brown Sugar
- Mini chocolate chips (milk chocolate or dark chocolate)
Preheat Oven: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If you live at a high altitude, you may need to add 25 degrees.
Combine and Mix. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients, and stir until you get a smooth batter. If batter is too thick, add an additional splash of milk.
Drop into Mini Muffin Tin. Drop batter into the mini-muffin tin. Fill approximately 3/4 full.
Bake. Bake for 10-11 minutes.
Cool. Remove the muffins from the tin and let cool.
Serve and enjoy.
- You can change up your ingredients for different tastes, such as adding berries, bananas, etc.
Storing homemade mini muffins properly is essential to maintain their freshness and prevent them from becoming stale.
Here are some steps to store them effectively:
- Cool Completely: Allow the mini muffins to cool completely on a wire rack before storing them. If they are even slightly warm, condensation can form inside the storage container, making them soggy.
- Choose the Right Container: Use an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag for storing the mini muffins. The container should be clean and dry.
- Layering: If you need to stack the muffins in the container, separate the layers with parchment paper or wax paper to prevent them from sticking together.
- Avoid Overcrowding: Ensure there is enough space in the container for the mini muffins without squishing or compacting them. Overcrowding can lead to deformation and loss of freshness.
- Room Temperature or Refrigerate: If you plan to consume the muffins within 1 to 2 days, it’s fine to store them at room temperature in the airtight container. However, if you want them to stay fresh for a longer time, you can refrigerate them.
- Freezing (Long-Term Storage): For extended storage, freezing is the best option. Place the mini muffins in a single layer on a baking sheet and freeze them until firm. Then, transfer them to a freezer-safe, airtight container or freezer bags. They can be stored in the freezer for up to 2-3 months. Thaw individual muffins at room temperature or warm them up in the microwave when you want to eat them.
- Avoid Moisture: Keep the container away from direct sunlight, heat, or moisture, as these factors can cause the muffins to spoil or become moldy.
By following these storage tips, you can enjoy your homemade mini muffins for an extended period without compromising their taste and texture.
Protein Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
- Mini Muffin Tin
- Mixing Bowl
- 2 cups Protein Pancake/waffle mix
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup Milk We used almond milk.
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Melted Butter
- 1 Cup Mini Chocolate Chip Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine and mix all ingredients into a bowl. If the batter is too thick, add a splash more of milk.
- Spray mini-muffin tin with non-stick cooking oil spray
- Fill the muffin tins approx. 3/4 full with batter
- Bake for 10-11 minutes
- Remove from tray, let cool. and enjoy!
Before you go, here are more posts you’ll enjoy: