Welcome to the section of our blog where we share simple recipes. Today, we’re sharing a delicious and refreshing homemade ginger ale recipe!
This recipe is not only easy to follow but also free from nasty chemicals and high fructose corn syrup.
With only natural ingredients, this is a healthier alternative to store-bought sodas.
Let’s dive into the kitchen and whip up this fizzy delight!
Before we get started, grab your FREE 55 Home Remedies Guide to Natural Wellness
Ginger Ale Ingredients:
- 1.5 cups of chopped ginger
- 3.5 cups of filtered water
- 4 tablespoons of Maple Syrup
- Juice from 1.5 lemons
- Sparkling water
- Optional: Fresh cranberries for a festive touch
Instructions for Natural gingerale:
Step 1: Prepare the Ginger Infusion
Begin by combining 1.5 cups of chopped ginger with 3.5 cups of filtered water in a saucepan.
Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 30 minutes. This process allows the ginger to infuse into the water, creating a flavorful base for our ginger ale.
Step 2: Mix Lemon Juice and Maple Syrup
While the ginger is simmering, mix the juice from 1.5 lemons with 4 tablespoons of maple syrup in a separate bowl. This combination of citrusy tang and natural sweetness will add depth and balance to your ginger ale.
Step 3: Strain and Combine
After 30 minutes, strain the ginger-infused liquid into a jar, ensuring that you separate the ginger pieces from the liquid.
Mix the strained liquid with the previously prepared lemon juice and maple syrup mixture. This creates a concentrated ginger ale base that you’ll store in the fridge for later use.
Step 4: Store the Concentrate
Place the jar with the concentrate in the fridge. Having this concentrate on hand makes it incredibly convenient to whip up a glass of ginger ale whenever the craving strikes.
Step 5: Prepare a Glass of Homemade Ginger Ale
When you’re ready for a refreshing glass of ginger ale, pour 1/4 cup of the concentrate over ice. Top it off with sparkling water, adjusting the ratio to your preferred level of sweetness and fizziness.
Step 6: Optional – Add Cranberries for a Festive Twist
For a festive touch or a burst of color, add a handful of fresh cranberries to your ginger ale. Not only do they enhance the visual appeal, but they also bring a delightful tartness to the drink.
You can also add a splash of homemade cranberry juice for a pop of flavor.
Homemade Ginger Ale Recipe
Homemade Ginger ale Recipe
- 1.5 cups chopped ginger You can keep the skin on or peel it off.
- 3.5 cups filtered water
- 4 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1.5 lemons Juice from lemons
- Sparkling Water
- Wash and chop the ginger
- Bring the ginger and filtered water to a boil, then let simmer for 30 minutes.
- While that’s simmering, mix the lemon juice and maple syrup into a large mason jar.
- After 30 minutes, strain the ginger liquid into the jar with maple syrup and lemon juice.
- That is the concentrate that you’ll store in the fridge.
- When ready for a glass of ginger ale, pour 1/4 cup concentrate over ice then top off with sparkling water.
- Add cranberries a splash of cranberry juice if desired
Congratulations! You’ve just created a homemade ginger ale that’s not only delicious but also free from artificial additives.
Sip back, relax, and enjoy the crisp and natural flavors of your DIY ginger ale.
Cheers to healthier, homemade alternatives! 🥂✨
Before you go, here are more posts you’ll enjoy: