Homemade fruit roll ups are the perfect solution for a healthy snack that kids won’t hesitate to try! Even adults love this recipe, myself included!
Not only is this recipe incredibly easy, but it’s also so nice to know that when your kids want a sweet treat, you can tell them to grab a homemade fruit roll up with no worries.
Store bought fruit roll ups are full of preservatives, tons of added sugar, and lots of words we can’t even pronounce, let alone understand what they’re doing to our kids health.
Try this super simple homemade fruit roll up recipe for the perfect healthy sweet snack to toss in your kids’ lunchboxes or even for yourself!
Why you’ll love this recipe
- Healthy alternative to store bought fruit roll ups
- Only two ingredients
- So easy to make
- Kid approved and enjoyed by adults too
- Mixed Berries: We used strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries
- Honey or Agave
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE FRUIT ROLL UPS
- Prep produce. Thoroughly wash all produce.
- Preheat oven. Set oven to the lowest temperature possible, around 175 degrees.
- Prep baking sheet. Line large baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Blend berries. Combine berries and natural sweetener into a blender. Blend until smooth. The Vitamix works great on frozen and fresh fruit.
- Spread out mixture. Pour mixture onto the silicone mat, spread it evenly.
- Bake. Place baking sheet into oven, and leave it for 4-5 hours. (Until the mixture is no longer sticky to touch.)
- Cool. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Slice. Flip the fruit leather into parchment paper, and slice into 1’ strips. Roll up each strip into the parchment paper.
- Serve and enjoy.
TIPS FOR THE BEST HOMEMADE FRUIT ROLL UPS
- If you can, use fresh fruit to make your fruit roll ups. Frozen fruit will take much longer because it tends to hold more water.
- Make sure your fruit is as ripe as possible. The more ripe it is, the sweeter and more delicious your homemade fruit roll ups will be.
- Be sure to spread the pureed fruit as evenly as possible to avoid uneven cooking.
These fruit rolls ups have lots of variation options! You can use any fruit you like and any combination that sounds good to you. Here are a couple to try:
- Add fruits like mango, pineapple, or kiwi to give your homemade fruit roll ups a tropical flavor.
- Make it orange flavored for a nice citrusy punch.
- Use fresh peaches or pears for a more mild flavor.
Store your homemade fruit roll ups in an airtight container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Homemade Mixed Berry Fruit Roll Ups
- 3 cups Mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries)
- 2 tbsp Homey or Agave
- Thoroughly wash all produce.
- Preheat oven at the lowest temperature possible. Around 175 degrees.
- Line large baking sheet with a silicone mat.
- Combine berries and natural sweetener into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture onto the silicone mat, spreading it evenly.
- Place baking sheet into oven, and leave it for 4-5 hours. (until the mixture is no longer sticky to touch.)
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Flip the fruit leather onto parchment paper, and slice into 1' strips. Roll up each strip into the parchment paper.
- Serve and enjoy!
Before you go, here are more posts you’ll enjoy: