This cinnamon pretzels recipe snack features salty pretzels, cinnamon sugar goodness, and rich melted butter. If you’re looking for an easy treat recipe, these easy cinnamon sugar pretzels are the perfect snack.
This simple snack is the best way to have a homemade treat without the huge mess and tons of time spent baking in the kitchen.
In 10-15 minutes, with these simple ingredients, you’ll have the perfect family movie night snack. This is also an easy treat to bring to a party or get together.
Crunchy pretzels coated with the cinnamon sugar mixture is almost the extent of this recipe. This pretzel snack will be a favorite of the entire family.
Why This Recipe Works
- Super easy sweet and salty snack
- Fun recipe to make with kids
- Cheap and simple ingredients
- Perfect for cinnamon lovers
- Great to pack for school snacks
- Pretzels: Salty pretzels are your main ingredient here so this is the most important part of the equation. A store bought bag of pretzels are the only requirement though, so grab your favorite hard pretzels and you’ll be good to go.
- Sugar: White granulated sugar works best for this recipe. You could use a natural sweetener like stevia to make these sugar free.
- Ground Cinnamon: Ground cinnamon is probably already on your spice shelf, but if it isn’t, you can pick it up in the spice isle at your local grocery store.
- Melted Butter: Any butter will work for this, as long as it’s melted and can easily coat the pretzels.
This is a really easy snack recipe that you’ll thoroughly enjoy!
Preheat Oven. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare baking sheets. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
Add pretzels to mixing bowl. Pour the pretzels into a large bowl.
Melt butter. Melt the butter in the microwave.
Mix dry ingredients. In a separate small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon.
Add melted butter. Pour the melted butter over the pretzels. Stir well to coat all of the pretzels well.
Combine all ingredients. Add the cinnamon and sugar mix to the pretzels. Stir well.
Add mixture to prepared baking sheet. Divide and spread the pretzel mix in sugar coating on the two baking sheets in a single layer.
Bake. Bake in preheated over for 8-10 minutes.
Cool. Let the pretzels cool to room temperature and serve.
A pro tip is worth a lot when making a new recipe! Make sure you read over these before starting.
- Stay close to the oven since oven temperatures vary so your pretzels don’t burn.
- Use any kind of crunchy plain pretzels you want, shape doesn’t matter.
- Make it vegan with plant-based butter.
- Make it gluten-free with gluten-free store bought pretzels.
- Use parchment paper on your pans so clean up is easier.
- If you have extra cinnamon sugar, use it for toast, waffles, cereal, french toast, or oatmeal for an extra treat.
Variations for Cinnamon Pretzels Recipe Snack Bites
- Savory Pretzels: Make a savory version of this recipe by swapping out the cinnamon and sugar for garlic powder and ranch dip powder. Or make it sweet and spicy by using sugar and chili powder.
- Cinnamon Sugar Oyster Crackers: Not a fan of pretzels? Try this recipe on oyster crackers instead!
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pretzels: Swap our white sugar for brown sugar. Brown sugar will give this cinnamon sugar pretzels recipe a deeper and richer flavor.
- White Chocolate Drizzle Cinnamon Pretzels: Make this recipe as is and then take it a step further by melting baking chocolate and drizzle it over the cooled pretzels. Allow the chocolate to cool before serving for a delicious snack. Use milk chocolate if you prefer it over white chocolate.
How to store cinnamon pretzels?
Store cinnamon pretzels in an airtight container out of direct sunlight. These don’t have to be refrigerated. However, if the room is warm, you may want to store them in the refrigerator to keep the sugar and chocolate (if you use it) from melting.
How long are cinnamon pretzels good leftover?
If these are kept in an airtight container, and no moisture can get to them, they will last 5-7 days.
- 1 lb Pretzels (Aprox 10 cups)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 3 Tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper
- Pour pretzels into large mixing bowl
- Melt butter
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon
- Pour the melted butter over the pretzels. Stir well to coat all of the pretzels well.
- Add in the cinnamon and sugar mix. Stir well.
- Divide and spread the pretzel mix on the two baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool and serve!
Before you go, here are more posts you’ll enjoy:
The Easy Baked Brie Recipe with Jam
Simple Asian Chicken and Pepper Salad
3 Ingredient Gluten Free Flatbread
Gluten Free Side Dishes for Pot Luck | 20 Easy Ideas